One scholarship is awarded each year to a local woman who is the primary wage earner in her family to assist with meeting career/educational goals. Additional cash awards may be available for other qualified applicants.
Determine if you are eligible – Eligible applicants are women who:
- Provide the primary financial support for her dependents (including children, spouse, siblings and/or parents)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Are enrolled in, or have been accepted to, a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program
- Are motivated to achieve their educational and career goals
- Reside in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries or territories
- Have not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity Award; are not a Soroptimist member, employee of Soroptimist or immediate family of either.
Complete the application -
If you meet all of the above eligibility requirements, click HERE to start the application process now! You will be prompted to set up an account to use the online portal. Once your application is submitted, it will be forwarded to our Corona club, or another Soroptimist club closer to you based upon your zip code.
The application window each year is July 1 - November 30.
The application and reference forms can also be downloaded from this website. Click here for the Application and Reference Form If you choose to print and mail your application, or if you have any questions, the contact info is:
PO Box 381
Corona, CA 92878